Liverpool fullback Robertson to miss Napoli clashby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveAndrew Robertson is set to miss Liverpool’s Champions League clash with Napoli.Robertson is a doubt for Liverpool’s Champions League clash against Napoli on Tuesday night.Jurgen Klopp told Liverpool’s official website: “Robbo didn’t train today and we have to see. “It is not a major thing, it was more precautionary today, but it is not 100 per cent sure [he will be available].”We will have to test it tomorrow and then we will see.”Initially it was reported that Robertson had been cleared as he had travelled with the squad but he missed training on Monday morning with a slight knock. The Reds sold Alberto Moreno in the summer and did not sign a back-up left-back. This means James Milner or Joe Gomez is likely to play in defence if Robertson can not overcome his knock in time. About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
VICTORIA, B.C. – The Auditor General of B.C. says the Province can do more to ensure commercial vehicle safety.The report says over the last 10 years, 300 people have died per year in motor vehicle incidents, with almost 20% of those collisions involving a commercial vehicle.“The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General and ICBC have commercial vehicle safety programs in place that prevent crashes and save lives, but much more needs to be done to ensure British Columbia’s roads are safe,” said Carol Bellringer, auditor general. Heavy commercial vehicles, such as dump trucks, container trucks and semi-trailers, represent about 3% of vehicles registered in B.C., yet they are involved in 19% of fatal collisions in the province. In the majority of fatal collisions involving a heavy commercial vehicle, the commercial driver is not at fault.Safety education and awareness programs for road users on safe driving in and around commercial vehicles can prevent crashes. However, these programs are limited in B.C. because even though multiple organizations are involved, none have the budget or authority for overall responsibility. The report recommends that government establishes clear responsibility for the promotion of commercial vehicle road safety education and awareness.Government also needs to review the standards for commercial driver licensing. In B.C., drivers are not required to take driver training to get their commercial licence. Government does not know whether commercial driving standards in B.C. are adequate but has recently started to address this issue.The report also recommends that government do more to ensure commercial vehicles are operating safely on B.C.’s roads. For example, government does not have a clear and effective system to hold licensed private inspection facilities accountable for complying with commercial vehicle safety standards. Also, commercial vehicle safety and enforcement officers have a challenging job and could be more effective with better supports.
New Delhi: South American countries Peru and Chile may end up in Indian courts as both have locked horns in the country over GI (Geographical Indications) tag on ‘Pisco’ brandy. A GI tag is primarily an agricultural, natural or a manufactured product (handicrafts and industrial goods) originating from a definite geographical territory. Typically, such a name conveys an assurance of quality and distinctiveness, which is essentially attributable to the place of its origin. Also Read – Maruti cuts production for 8th straight month in SepWhile Peru has sought GI tag in India for ‘Pisco’ brandy, Chile opposed the move saying they also sell the same product with same name. The GI Registry office in India passed an order renaming the GI as “Peruvian Pisco” and issued a certificate of registration. Against this order, Peru filed an appeal before the Intellectual Property Appellate Board as they want the tag as “Pisco” only. The Intellectual property appellate board (IPAB) after hearing the case accepted the appeal of Peru and accordingly stated that the mark of the appellant “Pisco” eligible for registration. Also Read – Ensure strict implementation on ban of import of e-cigarettes: revenue to CustomsAccording to an official, Chile has raised opposition on this again. The official said that now Chile has to approach High Court as IPAB’s order can only be challenged in a High Court. Award of GI tag gives protection to a producer of those genuine products, which commands premium pricing in the domestic and international markets. Once GI protection is granted, no other producer can misuse the name to market similar products. It also provides comfort to customers about the authenticity of that product. The tag is initially granted for a period of ten years but can be renewed indefinitely.
To welcome Bengali 1426 and celebrate Poila Baisakh, Spencer’s announced its nine-day Matsyo Mahotsov at 15 Kolkata outlets on April 12, at the Quest Mall. Major attractions at the event were 27 kg Bhetki from Digha (West Bengal) and Katla (20 kg) from Nagarjun Sagar Reservoir (Telengana). Special arrangements were made to transport the big fish by refrigerated vans. The Bhetki (27 kg) arrived on the day after covering a 250 km journey in six hours. The Katla (20 kg) from Nagarjun Sagar covered 1500 kms distance in 30 hours. More than a hundred varieties of fish, the largest-ever in recent memory, will be available for Kolkata citizens from April 13-21 at 15 Spencer’s outlets everyday, between 9:30 am and 10 pm. The price begins at Rs 49 per kg (Mourala).
New Delhi: Unfazed by the ban on TikTok in India, the popular Chinese short video app’s parent ByteDance remains “very optimistic” and plans to invest $1 billion in the country over the next three years. ByteDance — touted to be among the world’s most valuable startups with investors like SoftBank, General Atlantic, KKR and Sequoia on board — also offers platforms like Helo and Vigo Video in India. Speaking to PTI, ByteDance Director (International Public Policy) Helena Lersch said the company has been strengthening its content moderation policies over the last many months. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscal”We are obviously disappointed by the current developments, but we are also very optimistic that we will resolve this issue. We remain committed to our Indian users. As a company, we are looking to invest $1 billion over the next three years in India, that is how bullish we will remain to be here,” she said. The company would also be increasing the number of employees in India to 1,000 people by the end of this year. TikTok, which allows users to create short videos and share them, has more than 120 million users in India and is popular among youngsters. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostThe Madras High Court on April 3 had directed the Centre to ban TikTok app, saying it was evident from media reports that pornography and inappropriate content were made available through such mobile apps. Following the Supreme Court’s refusal to stay the Madras High Court order, tech giants Google and Apple removed TikTok from their app stores in India to prohibit further downloads of the app. Those who have already downloaded the app would be able to continue using it on their phones. Lersch declined to comment on court proceedings as the matter is subjudice. The hearing of the matter is scheduled for April 22 in the Supreme Court and for April 24 in the Madras High Court. India is a critical market for social media platforms given the large population of 1.3 billion people. With increasing availability of affordable smartphones and cheap data plans, the country is also the largest mobile data consumer market globally — an opportunity that global tech companies are vying to tap into. “We, as a company, abide by local laws, but we also want to be culturally appropriate. We have a content moderation team in India. We increased the capacity of our content moderation team globally by 400 per cent last year because we were prepared for the growth,” she added. According to her, the company has a a two-step approach for content moderation. “First is a tech approach — a machine learning tool that filters content and then it goes to a content moderation team. In India, the team speaks 14 languages. I think, it is fundamentally important that the team is based in the country and speaks local languages to make culturally relevant decisions,” she said. Around six million videos have been taken off the platform for violating its community guidelines, she added. Besides planned $1 billion investment, Lersche said the company would be ramping up headcount to 1,000 people by December 2019. “(About) 25 per cent of that will be just content moderation, which means there is full-time moderation staff based in India…We have around 250 full-time staff (right now) but we are very growing that rapidly,” she added.
Terrelle Pryor has not lived up to all the hype he had coming into the 2008 season as the most sought after high school recruit in the country.Ohio State’s football messiah has thrown eight interceptions so far this season. That is more than any OSU starting quarterback at this point in the season since before 2003.His completion percentage is the lowest of any OSU quarterback since 2004, at 51 percent. That was the year Troy Smith and Justin Zwick shared starting duties and accumulated the worst season record this decade.Pryor’s passing yardage isn’t impressive either, sitting at 1169 through seven games. OSU hasn’t had that low of a mark since 2003, when Craig Krenzel and Scott McMullen shared the starting spot.Pryor isn’t even the top performer from his 2007 high school recruiting class. Most members of the college football world know the names Jacory Harris of Miami (Fla.), Jordan Jefferson of LSU and Andrew Luck of Stanford.Two of those three players’ teams boast better records than OSU and none of them have thrown for more interceptions than Pryor.Pryor also has the lowest completion percentage among the group and it’s not because he is used more. He’s third in attempts among the four.Two of the three other also have more passing yards than Pryor.All Ohio State fans remember where they were when Pryor signed, as if it were the second coming of Troy Smith. Looking back now, the signing of Harris, Jefferson or Luck may have been the better choice.Harris even has his name on most Heisman voters’ radars. Pryor hasn’t even sniffed that territory.This historic of a bust is only comparable to one instance in Ohio football history, in the professional ranks. It happened in 1999 when a quarterback named Tim Couch was drafted first overall by the Cleveland Browns in the 1999 NFL draft.Cleveland fans were excited for Couch coming into the league to be their savior, but it was not to be. Couch only mustered one playoff appearance and sunk into mediocrity.Couch was picked ahead of Pro-Bowlers Donovan McNabb and Dante Culpepper who have had success since they were drafted into the league, McNabb more than Culpepper.Pryor had his one great season last year behind a strong defense and a superior quarterback, who Pryor somehow started ahead of.He is destined to ride off into the NFL draft after next season to try to prove himself at the professional level.Having accomplished next to nothing as a college quarterback, Pryor will leave Ohio State to rebuild itself after one of the worst recruiting choices in our program’s history.Terrelle Pryor, prove me wrong.
OSU freshman running back J.K. Dobbins (2) runs a play during the 2017 season opener vs Indiana. OSU won 49-21. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo EditorFor the second straight game, freshman running back J.K. Dobbins will be the starting running back for Ohio State Saturday, when the team hosts Oklahoma Saturday at 7:30 p.m in Ohio Stadium.Last season’s starting running back Mike Weber was held out of last week’s game with a hamstring injury, but is healthy and will play this weekend as well, according to coach Urban Meyer.“J.K. will start, and then we’ll see as we move forward,” Meyer said on his 97.1 The Fan radio show.Meyer said earlier in the week the two would operate in a rotation against the Sooners. During the Big Ten teleconference on Tuesday, Meyer said the pairing offers the Buckeyes a couple of different style running backs and both will be used, even if he was still unsure in what capacity the two will be deployed.Dobbins set a record for an Ohio State freshman running back in his debut game as he rushed for 181 yards on 29 carries. The first-year starter also added 24 yards on two receptions, including an 18-yard reception on a wheel route on the second play of his career.reer.
Midway through the second half, the offenses began to heat up. Ohio State and Northwestern exchanged baskets between a pair of layups by sophomore forward Kyle Young and a 3 by senior guard C.J. Jackson to bring the game to 43-35 in favor of the Wildcats.Young had to leave the game at the end of the first half after aggravating a knee injury, but he returned to finish with seven points and four rebounds in 26 minutes of play.The Wildcats relied on their two leading scorers down the stretch. Redshirt senior forward Vic Law and senior center Dererk Pardon led the way for Northwestern with 10 and 20 points, respectively, also combining for 19 rebounds.Pardon scored 18 of his points in the second half.Ohio State will finish the regular season against No. 21 Wisconsin at home at 2 p.m. Sunday. Ohio State sophomore forward Kyle Young (25) looks to pass the ball during the second half of the game against Northwestern on Feb. 20. Ohio State won 63-49. Credit: Amal Saeed | Assistant Photo EditorOhio State had a rollercoaster of a recent stretch coming into tonight.Eight days ago, the Buckeyes had their biggest win of the season: a 20-point victory against then-No. 22 Iowa. Four days later, and Ohio State had its most emphatic defeat with a 86-51 demolition to then-No. 14 Purdue.The difference: an indefinite suspension to sophomore forward Kaleb Wesson, the Buckeyes’ leading scorer and rebounder.Against Northwestern, Wesson sat out again. Against Northwestern, Ohio State (18-12, 8-11 Big Ten) lost again, falling to the Wildcats (13-17, 4-15 Big Ten) 68-50. It was Northwestern’s first win against the Buckeyes at home since Feb. 18, 2009. After an abysmal start for Ohio State offensively, the Buckeyes brought the game to within five in the second half following a 3 by freshman guard Duane Washington.But Northwestern remained in control from there, going on a 10-0 run after the Washington 3 on the way to securing its first win in its past 11 games.The Buckeyes shot 26.6 percent overall on the night, their worst shooting percentage in any game since shooting 26.2 percent from the field against Michigan State in 2012. The loss to the Wildcats is Ohio State’s second game shooting less than 30 percent from the field in the past 10 seasons.It took 14 attempts and 8:51 for Ohio State to make its first field goal of the game, and the Buckeyes never got much hotter from there.Other than redshirt senior guard Keyshawn Woods, who hit 2-of-5 from the field, Ohio State made 8.6 percent of shot attempts in the first half, making 1-of-12 from 3. Woods finished as Ohio State’s leading scorer with 15 points on 5-of-11 shooting.Northwestern did not take advantage of the Buckeyes’ poor shooting, hitting 39.3 percent of its shots and taking only an 11-point lead into halftime. The Wildcats also had 11 first-half fouls, giving Ohio State eight makes in 12 tries from the foul line. Junior guard Andre Wesson struggled mightily in the game, missing all eight attempts from the field, finishing with two points on a pair of free throws.
Spurs forward Son Heung-Min, finally opened up about the drama he lived during the summer with the possibility of doing military service for his country.It was a very complicated summer for Son Heung-Min as he played both the World Cup and the Asian Cup for South Korea, he was really close to staying back there to complete mandatory military service and miss out on two of his best years for Tottenham Hotspur.At only 26-years old, we saw the striker shed some tears after getting eliminated from the World Cup because he had missed his last chance to avoid the service.However, he was fortunate enough to help his national team win its second Asian Cup in a row and he was finally passed that possible professional hell.Now that some time has passed and the player is back playing for Tottenham Hotspur, he finally opened up about the whole drama and said that he would’ve had to play for the Korean army squad in order to stay in form during those two years.“Of course I am in a better position now because I have won the Asian Games, but if not then there was the Korean army team for me,” said Son to The Mirror. “Winning the Asian Games is about the most important thing I have achieved for my country and seeing the delight on the faces of the people back home is something that will last with me forever.”Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“No country has won it twice on the spin and we have been able to do it so I am happy for my country and very proud of South Korea and my teammates.”“Pochettino has been unbelievable for me in the small things and also the big things. He has helped me a lot, even the decision to bring me in from Germany and give me a chance.”“He took a big risk on me to go for the Asian Games and when I returned he takes me in as if I never left. His attention to detail is unbelievable and that is why he is one of the best in the world,” added Son about how important Pochettino was during this process.Exclusive interview: Son Heung-Min reacts to avoiding military service and names former Manchester United star as his role model | @Rahmanosmanhttps://t.co/HVottDg9QZ pic.twitter.com/d9O0UxLFGH— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) October 5, 2018
Former RB Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has emerged as the reported favourite to succeed the ousted Mark Hughes at SouthamptonThe Austrian ended a two-year spell in charge of Leipzig in May after guiding them into the Champions League for the first time in their history in his first campaign.However, Leipzig only managed a sixth-place finish last season and exited the Champions League at the group stages.Despite that though, Hasenhuttl remains highly-rated in Germany with the Telegraph claiming that he’s at the top of Southampton’s managerial shortlist.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.The Saints announced the dismissal of head coach Hughes this morning following Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Manchester United.With Southampton only 18th in the Premier League with one win in 14 games, the board allegedly view Hasenhuttl as the right man to lead them to safety.Former Atletico Madrid and Valencia manager Quique Sanchez Flores is another candidate under consideration.