TagsEvictionsfannie maeforeclosuresfreddie mac FHFA director Mark Calabria (Getty; iStock)Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are extending their moratorium on foreclosures and evictions until Dec. 31, providing relief to millions of homeowners and mortgage holders.The moratorium was set to expire at the end of August. The foreclosure moratorium only applies to properties with single-family mortgages backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, while the eviction moratorium applies only to homes owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.The move comes amid concerns from landlords over tenants’ ability to pay rent, as government aid runs out.Unemployment benefits, which provided individuals with up to $600 a week, expired on July 31. And conversations between Congressional Democrats and Republicans over another stimulus package have stalled.In August, President Trump put out an order for agencies to “consider” another eviction ban for properties backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.The moratorium delay means a projected wave of foreclosures will not happen until after the November presidential election.A recent report from the Mortgage Bankers Association found that about 16 percent of Federal Housing Administration mortgages were in delinquency at the end of the second quarter. And courts are preparing for more eviction lawsuits. In August, New York’s courts announced that as many as 14,000 evictions filed before the pandemic could proceed.The agency overseeing Fannie and Freddie, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), is also facing scrutiny from the mortgage and housing industries over their plans to raise fees on lenders for refinancing mortgages by 0.5 percent.On Wednesday, the agency said it would delay the uptick in fees from September until December. Industry groups said the fee would add an average of $1,400 to homeowners seeking to refinance their mortgages. Some industry observers believe the move was geared to shore up capital as Fannie and Freddie prepare to go private once again.Fannie and Freddie do not originate mortgages, but instead buy mortgages that they then securitize to sell to investors. By backing these loans, they help control mortgage rates, which are currently at historic lows. Share via Shortlink Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare via Email Share via Shortlink
The Real Deal plunged into FEC filings and created a searchable table with the biggest contributors in the industry (iStock)Real estate is dropping major cheddar on politics this election cycle.As of Sept. 21 — when campaign funds last filed disclosures with the Federal Election Commission — Joseph Biden was about 19 percent ahead of President Donald Trump. Biden has raked in $19.8 million from real estate contributors this election cycle, versus Trump’s $16.7 million, according to data collected by the Center for Responsive Politics.The Real Deal used FEC filings to create a live, searchable table ranking the biggest contributions from the industry — those exceeding $5,000. The table will be updated through the election every time political fundraising committees are required to report contributions.ADVERTISEMENTWho is the biggest political contributor from real estate in 2020? It’s Stephen A. Schwarzman, chairman and CEO of Blackstone Group, the private equity giant with $166.6 billion in real estate assets under management, according to the company’s second quarter report. Schwarzman has donated $27 million to pro-Trump and Republican political fundraising committees this cycle.Search the table below for major campaign contributions from real estate industry leaders.UPDATE: This story previously misstated Jon Gray’s title and company. Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare via Email Share via Shortlink Tags2020 ElectionPresidential ElectionSheldon Adelsonstephen schwarzmanTRD Insights Share via Shortlink
The vision for the collaboration came from Prime Capital Investment Advisors managing partner Scott Colangelo, Luchinsky noted. That RIA is the consultant responsible for the product’s overall design, choosing the partner firms and selecting the investments that are part of the income guarantee.“They were frustrated with the solutions in the marketplace today,” Luchinsky said. “A lot of them were proprietary-oriented products. They lacked portability.” The target-date series is built with a mix of active and passively managed investments and is available alone or with the guaranteed lifetime withdrawal benefit, Income America 5forLife. Total costs will be 32 basis points and 130 bps, respectively. The guarantee is provided by two insurers — Lincoln Financial Group and Nationwide — each of which will be responsible for half of it. When participants move their assets into the guaranteed product, the service will calculate an income base from which they can receive 5% payments for life. That base is either the initial account value plus all contributions or a higher market value, if the assets have appreciated, according to the announcement. The higher amount is set as a one-time event, according to the companies.If account owners decide to take a rollover or cash out, they would receive the market value minus any withdrawals they had taken, Luchinsky said. There is a joint option for the guarantee, at a lower payout percentage.Because the product can be included on any retirement plan record keeper’s system, it is portable, should a sponsor decide to switch providers, Luchinsky said. The investments are also fully liquid, and plan participants can roll their assets over or take a distribution even after starting to take income, he said. There is not a surrender penalty for doing so, he said. For reprint and licensing requests for this article, click here,MOST READ The Gates divorce: Lessons for financial advisers Newsletters Marketing that turns skeptical strangers into prospects House panel unanimously passes SECURE 2.0 House committee poised to advance SECURE 2.0 retirement savings bill Why Tony Robbins, tax shelters and financial advisers don’t mix A group of financial services companies announced Wednesday that it’s launching one of the first major 401(k) products aimed at in-plan guaranteed income since the SECURE Act went into effect. 5 3 InvestCloud to acquire Advicent and NaviPlan planning software 4 The collaboration is designed to put plan sponsors at ease over their fiduciary responsibilities.Wilshire Advisors serves as the 3(21) fiduciary, meaning it helps select the glide path manager, the guaranteed income providers and the underlying funds that have been approved by Prime Capital, according to an announcement the groups made Wednesday.Wilmington Trust serves as the trustee for the CIT and is a full-discretion 3(38) fiduciary.The companies are currently responding to requests for proposals and information and expect to be available on different record keepers’ systems in April. The companies are planning a “series of income symposiums” that month for retirement plan service providers and sponsors, Luchinsky said.“The marketplace needs this support to understand how to use these types of solutions,” he said. “How you implement the solution is really important. Offering it as a QDIA in a plan to help participants get allocated appropriately is key to the takeup rate.” 2 1 The collaboration — between an investment manager, an RIA and two insurance companies — produced a target-date series with a guaranteed lifetime withdrawal benefit. The industry has been trying to break into this space for years, but success has been elusive. Defined-contribution plan sponsors have long had the option of including income guarantees, through annuities, as part of the default investment in their 401(k)s, although there have been few takers. Nearly a decade ago, United Technologies made waves by setting up an automatic guaranteed-income plan for its workers, but that did not spark others to do the same.The SECURE Act sought to change that by clarifying responsibilities and protections for plan sponsors that seek to add lifetime income options.The new product, Income America, is designed to be used as the qualified default investment option — the investment that participants are automatically set up with — within a 401(k) plan. It is a target-date collective investment trust that uses a single glide path designed by American Century Investments and includes underlying investments from that firm and others, such as Vanguard, Fidelity and Prudential.“It’s appealing because these retirement leaders at times are competitors as well. Here we are, coming together to solve this need in the marketplace,” said Rick Luchinsky, head of retirement at American Century. “No one firm can do it all.” Subscribe for original insights, commentary and analysis of the issues facing the financial advice community, from the InvestmentNews team.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 loses another narrative designerCara Ellison leaves to join Armello dev League of Geeks two months after Brian Mitsoda and Ka’ai Cluney were dismissedJames BatchelorEditor-in-ChiefTuesday 20th October 2020Share this article Recommend Tweet ShareCompanies in this articleHardsuit LabsParadox InteractiveParadox Interactive has confirmed that another member of the narrative team behind hotly anticipated RPG Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 has left the team.A spokesperson told PC Gamer that senior narrative designer Cara Ellison is no longer with developer Hardsuit Labs, nor is she contributing further to the game.The spokesperson noted that Ellison “decided to leave” of her own volition, but no further details have been given.League of Geeks, the developer behind fantasy strategy title Armello, and Ellison announced last week she had joined that team as senior narrative designer.Her departure follows just two months after Paradox and Hardsuit fired lead narrative designer Brian Mistoda, who wrote and designed the original Bloodlines, and creative director Ka’ai Cluney.No reason was given, although Mitsoda wrote at the time the decision “came as a shock to me,” adding: “I’ve never been led to believe that I hadn’t succeeded [in my role].”Shortly before Mitsoda and Cluney’s dismissal, Paradox and Hardsuit delayed Bloodlines 2 into 2021, with mention of organisational changes to come.Related JobsSenior VFX Artist Remote Spain UK & Europe Big PlanetBuild Engineer – Games – Cheshire, England UK & Europe Big PlanetSenior Unity Programmers F2P Mobile Games Turkey Turkey Big PlanetDiscover more jobs in games Mitsoda claims that “to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development.”In its statement about Ellison’s departure, Paradox said: “Cara brought fresh ideas to the project and many of her contributions will be present in the game launching next year.”We thank her for her work on Bloodlines 2 and wish her all the best in all of her future endeavours.”Celebrating employer excellence in the video games industry8th July 2021Submit your company Sign up for The Daily Update and get the best of GamesIndustry.biz in your inbox. Enter your email addressMore storiesCEO says Paradox “can do better” as Q1 profits plummet”We are not satisfied with the quarter,” CEO Ebba Ljungerud saidBy Marie Dealessandri An hour agoLayoffs reported at Hardsuit LabsUpdate: The studio confirmed the layoffs, saying a “small number of people” were affectedBy Marie Dealessandri 2 months agoLatest comments Sign in to contributeEmail addressPasswordSign in Need an account? Register now.
Apple sets “early spring” rollout for iOS privacy changesNext beta update will include requirement that apps get user permission before tracking dataBrendan SinclairManaging EditorThursday 28th January 2021Share this article Recommend Tweet ShareCompanies in this articleAppleApple has indicated that its new advertising tracking restrictions on iOS devices will go into effect nearly a year after they were first unveiled.The company yesterday said that its new requirement that apps get user permission before tracking their data across other apps or sites will go live in its next beta update, with a broad rollout for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and tvOS 14 in the early spring.Apple said that the average app contains six different data trackers in it, often embedded in the SDKs and APIs that developers use to make the apps in the first palce.Related JobsSenior Build Engineer – AAA Studio – Yorkshire UK & Europe Big Planet3D Artist – Mobile Studio – Midlands UK & Europe Big PlanetProducer Indie Game Studio France UK & Europe Big PlanetDiscover more jobs in games The changes to the IDFA (ID for Advertisers) functionality were first announced last June at Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference.Soon after, Facebook warned that the requirement to opt-in to tracking would limit the effectiveness of its own Audience Network advertising program so drastically that it may not make sense to even offer it on the platform.Apple in September postponed the rollout of the IDFA changes to early this year “to give developers time to make necessary changes.”Celebrating employer excellence in the video games industry8th July 2021Submit your company Sign up for The Mobile newsletter and get the best of GamesIndustry.biz in your inbox. Enter your email addressMore storiesEpic Games claims Fortnite is at “full penetration” on consoleAsserts that mobile with the biggest growth potential as it fights for restoration to iOS App StoreBy James Batchelor 2 hours agoApple questions credibility of Xbox testimonyiPhone maker asserts that Microsoft did not produce evidence to back Lori Wright’s claims of unprofitable consolesBy James Batchelor YesterdayLatest comments Sign in to contributeEmail addressPasswordSign in Need an account? Register now.
carlballou/iStock/Thinkstock(LOS ANGELES) — Police are responding to an active incident involving a person barricaded at a Trader Joe’s store in Silver Lake, California on Saturday.The Los Angeles Police Department says that they had engaged the suspect in a pursuit. The individual reportedly crashed the vehicle they were driving and ran into the store.Residents were urged to stay away from the area. Police could not confirm reports of gunshots. This is a breaking news story. Stay tuned for updates. Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
By Associated Press – July 8, 2019 0 263 WhatsApp WhatsApp IndianaLocalNews Pinterest Google+ Previous articleHow This $4.25 Lunch Reservation Is A ‘Lifesaver’ For Michiana SeniorsNext articleLocal toddler dies after fall from cruise ship in Puerto Rico Associated PressNews from the Associated Press and its network of reporters and publications. Waves hinder lake search for missing South Bend teen Facebook Photo from IN DNR MICHIGAN CITY, Ind. (AP) — Indiana conservation officers say choppy waters are hindering the search for a missing teenager in Lake Michigan.They say 17-year-old Rahem Mason of South Bend has been missing since witnesses reported seeing him go underwater Saturday evening near Washington Park in Michigan City and not resurface. The water had been closed throughout the day due to dangerous waves and currents.Officers say divers from multiple agencies met Monday morning and determined 5-foot waves made it unsafe to conduct dive operations.The Michigan City Fire Department launched a drone to search the park area from the air, and a sonar search by boat was possible.Officers say divers plan on going in Tuesday if the weather allows it. Twitter Google+ Pinterest Facebook Twitter
Ahead of their only 2015 concerts in North America, Dispatch has released their first new track in three years. Titled “Bound By Love”, it’s an upbeat soulful track that arrived just in time for summer. Stream the new tune below:Dispatch will play two “DISPATCH: HUNGER” concerts at Madison Square Garden on July 10th and July 11th, with Dr. Dog and John Butler Trio, respectively. The band will also bring out the Funky Dawgz Brass Band to add some brass to their sound! Don’t miss out… all proceeds go to hunger charities worldwide.
On Sunday night, British folk-rock outfit Mumford & Sons offered up a headlining performance on the final night of weekend two at Austin, TX’s Austin City Limits. The band fronted by Marcus Mumford welcomed Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich and the Austin High Marching Band at different points throughout their set at Zilker Park.Mumford & Sons Announce Inaugural Agora Del Mar 2020 Destination EventMumford & Sons opened up their ACL performance with “42”, which was followed by a mix of fan-favorites and newer material off of the band’s 2018 Delta LP. Towards the middle of their set, the band welcomed the Austin High Marching Band for a special collaborative effort on “The Cave”, which appears on Mumford & Son’s 2009 debut studio album, Sigh No More. According to JamBase, previous collaborations between Mumford & Sons and the Austin High Marching Band took place in 2011 and 2012.Mumford & Sons ft. Austin High Marching Band – “The Cave”[Video: Karma Koma]Following “Ditmas”, “Slip Away”, “Picture You”, and “Darkness Visible”, Marcus Mumford welcomed Ulrich to play drums on the set-closing”The Wolf”, off of 2015’s Wilder Mind. Following a brief break, Mumford & Sons returned to open up their five-song encore on their B stage with “Reminder” and “Awake My Soul”. The band closed out their performance with “Woman”, “I Will Wait”, and “Delta”.Mumford & Sons ft. Lars Ulrich – “The Wolf”[Video: Karma Koma]Head to Mumford & Sons’ website for a full list of the band’s upcoming tour dates, ticketing, and more information.Setlist: Mumford & Sons | Austin City Limits | Austin, TX | 10/13/2019Set: 42, Guiding Light, Little Lion Man, Holland Road, Beloved, Lover of the Light, Tompkins Square Park, Believe, Blind Leading the Blind, Rose of Sharon, The Cave*, Ditmas, Slip Away, Picture You, Darkness Visible, The Wolf^Encore: Reminder, Awake My Soul, Woman, I Will Wait, Delta* w/ Austin High marching band^ w/ Lars Ulrich on drums